Seattle Autumn & Winter City Breaks – the Future is NOW!
Posted August 23rd 2017 in News and Updates,
Truly memorable city breaks depend on finding a destination on a rising curve, before it becomes overwhelmed with visitors like Venice and Dubrovnik. Seattle is now THE city, with new hotels, new direct flights from the UK and a zest for life which resonates year round. Non-stop flight times to Seattle this autumn and winter with British Airways and Virgin Atlantic from Heathrow, and Norwegian from Gatwick, are shorter than flights to Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Seattle is now a serious player in the city break market.
As a focus for a brilliant Seattle city break, here are TEN GREAT REASONS to visit this autumn or winter.
- Earshott Jazz Festival brings together great international and local musicians at 50 concerts and events 8th October – 12th
- TWIST: Seattle Queer Film Festival – celebrating its 22nd year from October 12th– 22nd.
- Troll-o-ween – 31stOctober celebrating the Fremont Troll and several brilliant Halloween parties around this date – link is for 2016 comparable events https://www.funtober.com/halloween/seattle/
- Woodinville Wine Country, with over 100 superb wine tasting rooms, it has 29 events late afternoon, or evenings in October, November and December. More will be listed in the New Year.
- Seattle Museum Month – stay at any one of 59 downtown Seattle hotels and receive half price (or in some cases free) admission to 41 incredibly varied museums in the City and around Puget Sound – February 2018
- Northwest Flower and Garden Show 2018 – 20 plus full scale show gardens and 300 exhibitors at the Washington Convention Center – February 7th– 11th.
- Taste Washington 2018 – 235 wineries, 65 restaurants and 60 culinary exhibitors from across the region create the ultimate four day tasting experience. March 22nd – 25th
- Museum of History and Industry – “It’s Raining Cats and Dogs” – see Seattle & Puget Sound through the stories of cats and dogs – brilliant for animal lovers. It’s on until 31stMay 2018.
- STRIKE IT RICH – NPS Klondike Gold Rush – Seattle site (free) for how it was done 120 years ago. How to do it now – Tulalip Resort Casino with Seattle Premium Outlet Shopping next-door OR Suquamish Clearwater Resort & Casino accessed from Seattle via Bainbridge Island.
- GET HOT in the Tropical Butterfly House at the Pacific Science Center near the Space Needle OR the Tropical Rainforest Dome at Woodland Park Zoo OR Seattle Glass Blowing Studio
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter; www.Facebook.com/SeattleWashingtonStateUK